Receiver Onkyo TX-SR252
5.1-Channel A/V Receiver
Unlock the Full Movie Experience with Authentic 5.1 Sound
Soundbars definitely have their place, but if explosive surround sound is what you’re dreaming of—without an eye-watering price tag— check out the all-new TX-SR252. It serves as a next-gen 4K/60 Hz-ready hub for all your devices (game consoles, media streamers, VCRs, and BD players) and sends everything to your TV through a single cable. It can even be set up to switch on and off automatically with your regular TV remote. But best of all, its fully discrete analog amps immerse you in 100 W/Ch of clear and dynamic surround sound, whether it’s from your regular TV shows, DTS-HD Master Audio™-encoded Blu-rays, an AM/FM radio station, or MP3s played via the front USB. So if you’re set on fixing your flatscreen sound, do it properly and do it affordably with this compact A/V solution.
HDMI® 4 In / 1 Out for UltraHD
All HDMI terminals support the latest TV displays with four inputs handling HDCP 2.2 copy protection and 4:4:4 color space encoded in content from movie studios, broadcasters, and streaming services for next-generation UltraHD.
Enjoy Lossless High-Definition Movie Soundtracks
The TX-SR252 can decode Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™—two lossless Blu-ray formats that deliver a soundtrack identical to the studio master, so you’re hearing it exactly as it’s meant to be heard.
5.1 Channels Take Entertainment to the Next Level
Five-channel surround-sound presents the art of cinema in a way single-point-source audio systems can’t match. With speakers positioned all around you, movies, games, TV programs, and music are enhanced with immersive realism.
True Power from Discrete Amplifiers
Rather than using low-quality digital IC amplifier circuits found in some competing products, the TX-SR252 has proper analog amp circuits with discrete output stages for high driving power and low distortion.
Easy Connection Guide on Back Panel
Connections to speakers and external devices are illustrated and clearly labeled on the back panel.
Front USB Port for MP3, WMA, and AAC Playback
Plug in a compatible flash drive filled with music in MP3, WMA, or AAC format and use the remote controller and TV display to navigate through your collection. Kick back and soak up the awesome sound!
- 100 W per Channel
- HDMI® 4 In / 1 Out (4K UltraHD / HDCP 2.2 / 4:4:4 Color Space)
- True Driving Power from Discrete Amp Circuits
- USB Port for MP3/WMA/AAC Playback
- Quality 192/24-bit DAC
- 100 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 0.7% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC)
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry
- Five-Channel Analog Amplifiers
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- 192 kHz/24-bit DAC for All Channels
- SACD Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz, 2 Channels)
- Direct Mode
- 4 HDMI Inputs and 1 Output
- USB Port (Front) for Music Playback via Flash Drive
- 2 Composite Video Inputs and 1 Output
- 2 Digital Audio Inputs (1 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 3 Analog Audio Inputs (3 Rear)
- Subwoofer Pre-Out
- Headphone Jack
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- HDMI Passthrough Function
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble)
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- 30 FM/AM Random Presets
- Full-Function RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Control
- Sleep Timer
- AM/FM with RDS